My name is Nilofar; but you can call me Nilo. ︎
Based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
I just graduated a couple of months ago (BA) and I’ve been trying to navigate my way through this pandemic as a post-grad.
I’ve come to terms that I want to refine my ‘taste’ more and become more of a professional, + work more on an international level. I feel like there is a lot I still don’t know. Best way I learn is ‘on the job’ ofcourse.
I’m really into approaching projects like concepts; what’s the purpose, vision - and how can I translate it visually/physically in a way that evokes emotion or activates an individual through a ‘human’ lens. I naturally connect dots; see what others do not see yet. I often question what has been done and how I can twist it into something of my/our own,- even, original.
Somewhat of a dramatic storyteller in that sense.
But a storyteller for the people. My drive, inspiration and passion comes from my Afghani / Dutch background.
I’ve got my feet into a lot of ‘worlds’ and feel like I’m missing a lot of it’s input. That’s where I often come in.
I feel like I could add value and purpose into new projects, perhaps even get more interesting collaborations/clients on board that reflect the times we live in.
At the end of the day, I’d love to first of all just learn and assist.
︎︎︎ Some useful bullet points about me:
Currently active in sectors such as retail design, marketing communication, branding agencies +
Associated fields, including brand advertising and brand consultancy agencies and photographing
or filmmaking / music industry - depends on the client/project and what is asked.
- Analyze social, cultural and economic developments and explicate them for a sustainable fashion industry;
- Use the appropriate research techniques and the needed intuition to observe and to spot future lifestyles and trends;
- Develop brand and communication strategies based on human behaviour and lifestyle;
- Create and visualise a fashion concept and develop / design an identity for a fashion brand;
- Create / new (fashion brand) concepts and develop strategies to promote them;
- Understand and use a variety of contemporary media to communicate brand identities;
- Translate the ‘zeitgeist’ into realistic campaigns.
- Implement and realize a concept and instruct a team; provide a team with creative coherence and direction;
- Operate as the link between client, designer and producer;
- Manage the actualisation and communication of concepts;
- Keep watch over the entire branding production process from strategy to execution;
- Operate in an international context.
- Translating visuals in the form of Photography/ Film / Graphic Design or all.